Following the Failsafe elimination diet. Two parents, three boys, one Thermomix, four weeks. What will the result be?

Thursday 10 May 2012

Pear and Oat Muffins

I'm imagining lots of batches of pear muffins in my future and this lot are the first. I'm also sure that I won't make the same batch twice. 
Ha! I laugh in the face of recipes!!!

 

This recipe is very loosely based on a pear cupcake recipe from an old Women's Weekly cookbook but I've made significant changes, the main one being it's made in the Thermomix!

Pear and Oat Muffins
2 large pears, very ripe, peeled and grated
290g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
120g softened butter
50g sugar
130g maple syrup
4 eggs
50g rolled oats

Squeeze grated pear to remove most of the liquid, reserve liquid for another use.
Add flour, baking powder, butter, sugar, syrup 
and eggs to bowl and mix Speed 4 for 10 seconds
Add grated pear and oats and mix on Reverse, Speed 4 for 10 seconds.
Fill greased muffin trays 2/3 full and bake at 170C until cooked.
I made mini-muffins and they took about 15 minutes.


Tips:
I significantly reduced the amount of sugar in the original recipe. If they're not sweet enough for you just add more sugar.
We make mini-muffins and this recipe made 52. They're the perfect size for lunch boxes, a quick snack or for a sit down with a cuppa - decaf of course!

What the family says:
Actually, they didn't say anything, they were too busy scoffing them down. 
I'm not sure how many of the 52 will make it to the freezer ...

 
How adorable are these toddler hands helping? Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment